Racetrack Road Gateway Bridge
- Location. Prince George’s County, Maryland.
- Form Liner Type. Custom
- Year of Completion. 2004
- Project Impact. This bridge, at the entrance to what was once the original horse-racing track in Laurel, Maryland, offers motorists a visual representation of the location’s equestrian history.
- Features & Design Context. Two precast concrete running horses are incorporated into the wing walls of the bridge structure. The wing-wall design is accentuated by the Prince George’s County seal. Our form liners create dynamic hoof prints that run along the interior of the parapet walls.
- Techniques & Requirements.
- Worked with artist Steven Weitzman (Weitzman Studios, Inc.), to create two full-sized clay models of the running horses, one fiberglass form liner of each model, and a third urethane rubber form liner of the hoof print pattern for the parapet.
- Stakeholders. Prince George’s County, Prince George’s County Department of Public Works